Instagram

Monday 7 September 2015

Mini Boots Haul & Review

Hi everyone, hope you had a great weekend! Today I have a mini Boots haul and review, these purchases I did get almost a month ago but I thought it would be nice to try them out and let you know my thoughts instead of just showing a haul and then a few weeks later separately reviewing them. I popped into boots and had a little money left over on a gift card so thought I would check out a few new/old products and things I'd heard about that interested me.
At first I went straight for the Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes (which are beautiful btw!) but I saw the price of one and thought my whole gift card would go on one brush and decided to be a bit more wise-they will be going on my Christmas wishlist though!

As I browsed the isles I came across the Maybelline Master Sculpt, I'm pretty sure at the time it was a new release or pretty current as I hadn't seen it before. It's a two in one bronzer and highlighter, it does come in two shades a light/medium and a medium/dark but after swatching both the dark one looked much better and I'm pretty pale! 
The highlighter has a light shimmer nothing too glittery which is nice, I love using both the bronzer and highlighter in my everyday make-up routine especially when it's been nicer weather. It does come with a rounded flat compact brush and a mirror which is good when on the go but personally I tried out the brush and don't think it's necessary! Only downside, I think that they're a bit too close together so that when you are using the bronzer you tend to pick up a bit of the highlighter also, not a major fault just makes you want to watch when getting the product on your brush. Really nice product though would definitely recommend if you are looking for a two in one summer compact. (Find it here)
I then moved towards the Rimmel display and was drawn towards the small selection of lip liners, usually I'd end up browsing right past them, but this time I picked out the shade 'Eastend Snob' I knew that I had heard this lip liner shade mentioned a few times on various blogs and YouTube channels, I know Amelia Liana has mentioned it a few times. 
I've given it a few goes now and must say the colour is really really nice, if you've seen any other posts where I've mentioned lip shades I always go for rosey pinks and this is pretty much that. The formulation of these Exaggerate liners are really nice, smooth application and tend to last quite a while on the lips too-would definitely recommend. (Find it here)
Next product is something I've always been a fan of and that is the Natural Collection mascaras, I recently picked up one after not using them for years and loved it! So I thought I'd get another as they are only £1.99 absolute bargain! This time I picked up the LashBuild one and it is so nice to use! Literally does what it says, makes my lashes so much longer but also builds up really nice volume. I got it in the shade black/brown as I think it looks more natural than full on black sometimes, again would recommend these mascaras if you haven't tried them already as they really are good quality for the price. (Find it here)
Last but not least I picked up one of the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in the shade 'Proudly Naked'. When it comes to hydrating, glossy lip shades I've found that they are always quite sheer and there isn't anything different with these one's.  It's a sheer wash of colour for the lips nothing too pigmented but there is definitely some colour going on. Another thing is they aren't hydrating, I expecting it to be more lip balmy than just a glossy crayon and for the price £7.99 I think it could be a bit better. Maybe some of the bolder shades are more pigmented but for the price a wash of pink just isn't that great. Do I try out another shade? Have any of you tried these? 
(Find it here)
Let me know if you have tried any of these and what you think of them, or if there is anything from these brands I should try. Thanks for reading-EverydayToots
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tamara. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig