Instagram

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Berry Good Smoothie

Now i am a huge fan of smoothies and juices, they're such a great way to get loads of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants into your body without having to eat a tonne of fruit! But I do know that it can sometimes be tricky to think of new and exciting juices and smoothies, especially when your limited to ingredients or simply didn't get enough sleep and the last thing you want to be doing is trying to come up with a juice recipe! 




So I have come up with a list of yummy smoothies and will be posting one each week. I already have my Green Juice post up for you to take a look at, but if your not into having cucumber and celery in your juices then here is a really yummy easy berry smoothie recipe! 

Ingredients 
3-4 strawberries halved
3 tablespoons (roughly) of raspberries 
2 tablespoons blueberries 
1/2 frozen banana (can substitute for things like mango and pineapple)
50ml fruit juice (apple, orange, cranberry etc)

Optional ingredients 
1 tspn Chia seeds
1 tbsp Flax seeds

Method

1. I like to start off by preparing my ingredients, so cut your straw berries into halves and slice up your banana (be careful when cutting frozen fruit)

2. Then pop everything into a blender at once and blitz. if you find that your smoothie is quite thick then try adding a bit of water to thin it out

3. Pour your smoothie into a nice glass with of with out ice and enjoy! 
  

I love adding things like Chia and Flax seeds into my smoothies and juices just for added nutrition but i know that Chia seeds especially can be very expensive if buying from local supermarkets, so try looking in health food stores or online, you will usually be able to find great deals for very little money-and remember you only need to use a small amount of Chia and Flax. Per 15g serving of Chia contains 6g of fiber, 3g omega 3 and 3g protein.


I also love using frozen fruit in my smoothies for a few reasons my first is that there is no need for ice cubes, so you don't have to worry about them melting and diluting the flavor of your juice too much. Secondly the fruit preserves much longer when frozen, strawberries and raspberries most of the time wont last no more than 4 days in a house/fridge but frozen they stay fresh for months. 

So there you have it my Berry Smoothie recipe-I hope you enjoy this post and if you make it please do let me know-I can be found on most social media sites where you can use the #hashtag #everydaytoots 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tamara. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig