Instagram

Wednesday 29 April 2015

My Favourite Lip Products

I'm not super adventurous with what I put on my lips, most days I just go with a tinted lip balm if I want some colour, I guess I don't want to go for a bold lip and have to keep checking its not on my teeth or half way up my face but when I do wear a lipstick, gloss or stain I do have a few of my favourites that I will always grab for, there is only one high end and the are rest are drug store. Obviously there are other products I love (Ysl Rouge Volupte, Mac, Nars) but I find that the ones I'm going to mention work best with my style and suit my fair skin. I hope you enjoy!


Topshop Lipsticks

Ever since I bought my first Topshop lipstick, I fell in love! For starters the colour range is amazing, there are, so many, from pinks to nudes to oranges to purples which makes it pretty hard if your picking just one, as there are many shades but there is one-or many-to suit everyone! I have picked out my three favourite shades to show you, one for autumn months and the other two for summer.

01. The Damned 
This shade is a lovely purpley plum colour that can be worn two ways, the first a stain for a bitten berry look, or it can be built up for a dark autumn vampy lip shade. As I said above I am fair skinned so it can be hard to pick a dark lip colour that wont make me look even paler and this one is perfect. All lipsticks from Topshop are very creamy and not drying at all. 

02. Ohh La La
This is probably my favourite summer shade, its a lovely colour that's a bit of a mixture between a peachy pink, coral with a bit of neon orange. Normally bright shades don't suit me and make me look a bit washed out and but for some reason this shade (and the next one!) look really nice. Again its a lovely creamy texture that just goes on so smoothly and can be applied lightly for a subtle hint of colour or packed on for a bright summer shade!

03. Infrared
By far the brightest lipstick shade I own-I think! Its kind of like a bright but slightly muted orange as its not neon highlighter. I first bought this after Youtuber Zoella (you probably all know her!) featured it on her channel in a haul video or something-it was quite a long time ago! But anyway I purchased it a have loved it since, perfect with my skin tone, similar to the shade above but this is definitely more orange and the other more on the pink side. 


Yves Saint Laurent- Shade 12
Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain

This is the only high end product featured in this post and its a gooden! Firstly this shade combines the look and feel of a gloss but has the effect of a stain-hence 'Glossy Stain'-its really light weight and just sits on the lips really nicely. This shade, again, is a coraly pink that can be worn day or night, that why its in my favourites! I haven't experienced any moving around of the product when wearing it which is nice, as you don't want a stain on your forehead! The applicator is really nice as well, its larger that most with a tapered tip which makes for easy application. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition-Velvet
Shade 07 Nude-ist 
You should start seeing a pattern here in that I like to wear rose shades, my lips are naturally a rosy colour so this shade just enhances it. This product is different than the others as its matte. I never thought I'd like a matte shade as I like hydrated looking lips but this doesn't make my lips look dry at all and you can also wear it on top of a lip balm which is a bonus. When you apply it, its a creamy texture that soon turns into a velvet matte shade-again hence then name-its another product that a few people don't really like because of the smell and it is slightly odd but I can deal with it for what it looks like on-maybe smell it in store before you buy it if your funny with smells on your lips! 

Rimmel London Apocalips
101 celestial 
Now there seems so be mixed feelings about these gloss/lip lacquers, most people say they don't like the texture or the smell and I can see why people say that. The smell is kinda dusty? Does that even make sense, probably not but go and smell one and you'll know what I mean and the texture kinda feels paint like on the lips but I can get past this as the pigment of them is incredible! Especially for a drug store lip product and at £6.49 you cant go wrong. The shade is a dusty rosy pink, beautiful year round and works perfectly with fair skin. 

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks

This is another brand where I like more than just one, loads of hype has been around the Kate Moss lipsticks from Rimmel London and I can see why. The colour range for starters is great, loads of lovely shades to suit everyone, secondly they last a long time on the lips, of course, unless you are wearing a staining lip product you are going yo have to re-apply it but its totally worth it with these, they look fab! Not as moisturising as the Topshop ones in my opinion but nevertheless a great lipstick and they smell good too. 

01. Shade 08
This one for me is a lipstick version of the Apocolips product I mentioned, a dusty, rosy pink that works perfectly with my skin tone. Its not a matte shade and its not sheen its kinda in between, this is my everyday go to lipstick when I want a minimal make-up day. 

02. Shade 22
Now this is not a colour I thought I would ever like on my lips, it is a bright reddy pink almost a raspberry shade, like I said bright shades never really look good on me but every now and then you find a colour than unexpectedly looks nice and it is satisfying! A lot of people have their perfect red or purple I have this shade, its what I wear when I want a wow lipstick-which yes is rarely-but its my favourite "special" lipstick.

                                              L Top: Ohh La La, The Damned, Infrared//R Top: Celestial, 12 Ysl, 07 Nude-ist                                                  
So there you have it, my Favourite lip products, I hope you enjoyed having a read-for someone that's not hugely into lipsticks etc I do have a few favourites. I'd love to know what your favourites are so please feel free to leave a comment or tell me if you like or dislike any products I mentioned :)

EverydayToots
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tamara. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig