Instagram

Saturday 16 May 2015

money-free weekend ideas

Now I'm all about saving money when I can but terrible when it comes to spending money on things to do during the week/weekend. Now it depends who I'm with (family/friends/boyfriend) but on days when I have nothing to do I love to go shopping, eating out, going for coffee etc etc and it all cost money-more than I'd like to know-so when I have nothing to do with my days there are a few things I enjoy doing that don't cost money and I am here to share these with you today. 
So if payday hasn't come around yet, you're living off a student loan or just looking to save a bit of money when you can hopefully I have an idea for you here-hope you enjoy!


Read Books-This is something I love doing but don't do enough, so whenever I have spare time to myself I will pick up a book and try and get in a few pages/chapters or go through cookery books and mark the things you'd love to try. Another book related idea is head over to the library, you'll be surrounded by books and may end up reading something you wouldn't normally pick up-plus its completely free! 

Paint Your Nails-This is a great time consumer, firstly you have to pick what colour you'd like to wear-am I the only one who takes longer picking what colour than actually painting my nails?-then its deciding whether you'd like glitter, matte, nail art, French manicure the list is endless! Great way to take up any spare time. 
Write Out a Bucket List-I love reading bucket lists so it was perfect when I decided to write mine out (here) and it takes longer than you think and don't just write out what you'd like to do but explain why, goals you want to achieve, places you'd love to visit etc. 

Cook Something-This is by far one of my favourite things to do! and it doesn't have to cost a penny, sometimes just looking through kitchen cupboards will spark your imagination or take a look in cookery books and see what you can make with that funny looking pasta or that weird herb-Marjoram? 

Plan a Trip-Thought we were doing no money this weekend? Well we still are,planning doesn't have to cost a penny-yet! But get friends together and plan a holiday away or that trip to Asia you'd love to do, doesn't have to be expensive or abroad either plan a summer camping trip near to you. 

Shop Your Closet-Take a look through your wardrobe and plan outfits to wear this summer/winter. You may end up finding clothes that have been pushed to the back and forgotten and its perfect way to spring clean as well! Get rid of those patterned leggings-still with tag-you saw in HnM and swore you'd wear, two summers ago!
Wardrobe goals am I right?

Learn a Language-Again something I'd love to do but haven't gotten around to yet. I think foreign languages are beautiful and would love to be able to speak a few, even if it's just the basics, you never know when it might come in handy. 

So there you have my '7 Free Things To Do This Weekend' I hope you have enjoyed reading it and hopefully it helps give you ideas on things to do without spending any money. Most of these are things you would do by yourself but there are many things you can do with others for example bike rides, walks/hikes, camping, beach etc! Please comment if you enjoyed this post and if you have things you like to do that are free or cost very little money. Thanks again!
EverydayToots

*Disclaimer pictures from WeHeartIt.com *
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tamara. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig