Instagram

Friday 17 July 2015

Dirty Dancing On Stage!

When I saw that Dirty Dancing On Stage was coming to Theatre Royal Plymouth, I couldn't wait to go. For those who don't know Dirty Dancing is an unexpected love story between seventeen year old daddy's girl Frances 'Baby' Houseman who falls for the rebellious camp dance instructor Johnny Castle. Here are my thoughts on the show!


"It's the summer of 1963 and 'Baby' is about to learn some major lessons in life as well as a thing or two about dancing"
Firstly I had never seen a show before only ever a ballet performance so I was super excited that I was going to see it. As soon as it started I just couldn't stop smiling the whole way through, it was everything you could of imagined, think of Dirty Dancing as a stage performance and you have Dirty Dancing On Stage. Everything from Costume, Casting, Music and of course the dancing was absolutely spot on and made me and I think everyone else want to get up on stage too.
My favourite part of the show would have to be the scene where Johnny and Baby are lip singing to 'Love is Strange' which was done perfectly-exactly like the movie but wasn't cheesy at all, I'm so glad this scene was done perfectly as were every other scene.

We all know the iconic scene where 'Baby' and Johnny Dance together at the end of season show to the song 'Time Of My Life' and that really was the icing on the cake, the whole theatre clapped along to the beat and watched in awe as they performed the classic lift!
I hadn't watched this movie in so long and I'm glad I didn't before I went because it made it even more exciting-as if I needed to get any more excited though-I went with all of the ladies in my boyfriends family and we all had such a great time everyone had only positive words to say about it and I'm so glad I had to chance to see it. If you haven't already seen it and are thinking about it I 100% recommend going, it really is a fantastic show! I hope to see many more performances in the future and I have this one to thank for sparking a real interest for theatre performances.

*Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions are my own unless stated. Photo credit to Tristram Kenton*
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tamara. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig