Instagram

Friday 24 July 2015

W7 In The Buff Palette Review

A few weeks ago I was browsing on Amazon and came across the W7 In The Buff eyeshadow palette, I usually always gravitate towards palettes so it wasn't a surprise that this one interested me. I'd seen it pop up a few times lately online and it's had pretty good thing's said about it and seemed like something I would enjoy.

I couldn't tell what it would be like online but I decided to buy it as it was only £4.99 which I think is a good price. So when it arrived the first thing that I noticed was that it looks almost identical to the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, something many others have also mentioned, the packaging it very similar and so are the eyeshadow shades. It comes in metal tin packaging and contains 12 shadows and a double ended brush and sponge applicator. 

Now I'm not trying to make this a comparison post, but I can't help to point out that this palette would be a really good dupe. I haven't got the UDN2 palette but I have the original to compare formula etc. So, after swatching and trying a few looks using the eyeshadows I can say that they are very similar but obviously not as good. They do have really nice application and an almost "buttery" texture, very pigmented and lasted quite well on the lid.
You get 3 matte shades-one being black which is a definite bonus-and the rest are shimmers. Like I said they are very pigmented with smooth easy application.
The shimmers tend to have a bit of fallout when you apply them, I think this may be because of the small bits of glitter-as you don't get this from the mattes-they are almost quite crumbly. 
But for me the only flaws are that the shades camel and dust are very similar to each other which seems a bit pointless and the shade sand isn't as pigmented as I hoped but it does work nicely as a highlighter/champagne colour. 
You can get a really nice range of looks from this palette anything from day to night, or just a swipe of colour over the lid.
The shades
Overall I think this is a really nice budget friendly eyeshadow palette and I think a really good dupe for the UDN2. Nicely pigmented, smooth application and a really good price for 12 shadows. Obviously you can't compare it too much to high-end shadows as you can usually tell by the price of something how good it will be but this palette is a really nice alternative if that's what you're looking for.
There are also 4 other palettes from this brand which I hope to get my hands on and try. You can find the rest of them and this one here.

Have you tried this palette? If so what did you think?
Thanks, EverydayToots
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tamara. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig